Sunday, August 16, 2009

Looks like this isn't my year for riding Amish country. I finally got out of Texas and I'm now settled in for the night in Wichita, KS. I had hoped to travel farther than 547 miles shown, but I was dehydrating too fast, having to stop for water more often than every hour. I may have to look into one of those camel packs if the weather continues this hot for the rest of the trip.

Ever since I had the steering bearings replaced a month or so ago, the bike just hasn't been the same. Today I learned it runs okay till I hit 100MPH (161 Km/H for Hilde) when the steering bar violently shakes and wobbles. Not good, but I can live with it. Then later today I lean into a right curve going a bit faster than I should (maybe 80-85mph) and the wobble comes back. I can't wait to see how it steers in the heavy winds of a midwestern thunderstorm.

Tomorrow I get to spend some time with mom and family, and that's what this trip is all about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment