Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pears - Sweet With The Texture of Sand

I'm sitting here with my morning coffee and chasing the rabbit trails in my mind as I do most mornings.  This morning started with boning up on bread machine baking since there's no such thing as fresh bread in Austin at the typical supermarkets.  You can find fresh, specialty breads at the high end, yuppie grocery, but stopping there is more of a nuisance than I care to deal with.

Last nights evening snack was a slice of freshly baked bread.  It was almost an event sensing the taste and texture as if for the first time.  That's why the title of this post, from a favorite movie in a scene of one actor trying to describe the taste of a pear to someone who has never tasted one.

One slice of good bread...no sugars and no grease.  I was satisfied.

Unless pressed, I won't go into the twists and turns of my convoluted logic, but this reinforced a long held belief that our bodies know what it needs and will keep up the craving until satisfied.  To put that another way, if we're deficient of vitamin/mineral (insert name here), and the only food available has a shortage of this need, we'll keep eating until that need is satisfied. 

Yeah, I left a lot out, but its time to be somewhere else.  Cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment